Monday, May 9, 2011

Cait's California Adventure!

One of the perks of being a journalist is that you have to familiarize yourself with different subjects and professions. So, for my health and science reporting class, we got a week off to immerse ourselves in an area of heatlh or science. So, I decided to make the most of my trip and traveled to Loma Linda, California where I shadowed my friend Katie who is a nurse on the pediatric cardiac ICU floor at the Loma Linda Children's Hopsital. I learned so much about what nurses do and how important they are to the survival of these little kiddos.


And of course, we found lots of time to fit in some fun :)

Fun at DISNEYLAND!! We even convinced our friend Meg from college to come with us.


Katie and me at dinner

Riding space mountain! There was a lot of screaming going on...

Meg and I on the Toy Story ride.

Waiting for the World of Color show!


And maybe the best surprise of all was finding out that Bethany was visiting Kristen in LA! So we met up with them and my best friend Miyong, who also lives there.


And we just HAD to get frozen yogurt :)

Love my best friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment