Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to believe that three years ago I married my best friend. And I have loved every second of it.

One night more than five years ago now, we sat and drank countless cups of black coffee at the Hurricane Cafe off of Denny in Seattle. It's still as vivid as ever in my memory. Luke, I knew then that you were someone I couldn't live without--and I am even more sure of that today. It's been been en eventful three years as Mrs. Hill, to say the least. I have learned a lot about myself, what it takes to love someone else in both their best and worst moments, and how blessed I am to have someone who chooses to do the same for me.

In honor of three years of wedded bliss, we celebrated at one of our new favorite Chicago restaurants -- Sapori Trattoria. It's a quaint little Italian restaurant with small tables lining the sidewalk and white lights draping overhead, while the sounds of Italian music play in the background.

The restaurant surprised us with personalized menus -- happy anniversary to us!

I don't think we have ever been as full in our life as we were after this meal. Mussels, sea bass, pumpkin ravioli, tiramisu... so delicious. Needless to say, we had a hard time walking home afterwards.

Enjoying dinner and our city!

I married one of the most fun, young at heart, energetic, up-for-anything people in the world. Some of my favorite memories of the past three years are the adventures we've shared--driving across the country (24 hours straight) to Seattle in the middle of a snowstorm to surprise all of our friends, and moving to a brand new city. Some are just those quiet moments at home, telling each other about our days, or when you show up at the door with bouquet of flowers just because.

So cheers to three years of fun and a lifetime more, Luke. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment