Sunday, December 22, 2013

Fall Fun

Since I'm SO behind on the blog posts, here's a little sampling of what we were up to this fall. It was beautiful in Seattle, and we sure stayed busy. Here's what we were up to...


We had picnics at Green Lake and enjoyed every drop of sunshine we could.


We took a day-trip to Leavenworth, a little German town up in the mountains.


We had a bounty of tomatoes from our tomato plant! We used them to make homemade marinara sauce, yum :)


Luke went to his first NFL game -- Seahawks vs. Jaguars

Luke turned 30 on October 12th and we had QUITE the birthday weekend for him! His best friend Travis flew in as a surprise for the weekend, and I got them a fishing trip on the Chehalis  River. They fished all day and came back with six silver salmon! 



The view from their trip down the river


Catch of the day!


That night, we had a surprise party for Luke with about 30 of our friends. It was a great weekend!

On October 19th, my best friend, Miyong got married in San Luis Obispo, California. We traveled down for the wedding and had a fabulous time celebrating.


Gettin' hitched!


I, for one, was very excited that we got to wear sparkly bridesmaid dresses!


Dancing the night away. I love you, Miyong -- you were such a beautiful bride!!



Also, the city of Seattle brought in dozens of goats to clean up the shrubbery under the I-5 bridge. Good idea, I guess?


We went to a pumpkin patch and completed the corn maze in record time! Our corn maze strategy mainly consists of me following Luke while he figures out where we are.


And we got the perfect pumpkin (which unfortunately, we never carved...)


We took a trip to Salem to visit Luke's sister and her family. Claire turned three, and we got her a bike for her birthday. Here she is, ready to ride!


And I, of course, got in lots of time hangin' with adorable AJ. 

We also got to go on our first snowshoe of the season in mid-November. We went up to Mt. Pilchuck and our jeep (lovingly referred to as "Libby the Liberty") did us proud! 


Look at all that snow!


I am queen of the mountain!

And that sums up our fall pretty well, I'd say :)


No comments:

Post a Comment