Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Cheer!

So, since we spent that last two holiday seasons in our tiny Chicago apartment with not much space to decorate - we decided to fill our new Seattle apartment with lots of holiday cheer, this year. We have a nice mantle over our fire place (which is electric, by the way... sigh). Of course, Luke has outfitted the entire apartment in white Christmas lights, but here's what I came up with!



I had the red vase already, so I moved it to the mantle for a pop of color. I picked up the Christmas tree at Crate & Barrel, and the little owl from Target (I think he's so cute!). I shopped around for a bundle of sticks to use in the vase, but they were all too expensive. So, while Luke and I were out cutting down our Christmas tree last week, I picked up some sticks (literally), and Luke kindly spray painted them silver for me. I LOVE them!
 

The "H" is a permanent piece up on our mantle, but I added the gold circular votive holder, which was leftover from our wedding centerpieces, and then I picked up the holiday snowflake votive holder from Crate & Barrel to complete the look.
 

I've since moved the tree to the left side to balance it out a bit more, and now it's just perfect.
 

And here are our stockings, which we've been using each year that we've been married. It's hard to believe this is our 5th Christmas as the Hills :)

Happy holidays, everyone! Hope you're filling your home with holiday cheer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment