Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rock On!

Two weeks ago Luke and I experienced a "first" in our relationship. We went to our first concert together! I know that's hard to believe since we are both music lovers. However, I'm not usually interested in going to his hardcore shows. (Can you blame me?)

I got tickets for us to see my favorite band, the Counting Crows, at the Chateau St. Michelle Winery on a Monday evening. It was perfect weather for a concert at the vineyard. The Wallflowers opened up for them (holy flashback to the 90s) and the Crows were amazing as usual. It's probably the 5th or 6th time I've seen them over the years, but they never get old to me! The concert was really fun because you could bring lawn chairs and just set them up on the grass. You could also bring in food and enjoy a little picnic during the show. Of course, we were standing as close as we could get to the stage the whole time, but everyone else looked to be having a great time :)


Ready for the show to start!


Love them so much!


Then on Friday of the same week, we went to the Paul McCartney show at Safeco Field. Now, I'm not an avid Beatles or Paul McCartney listener, but I appreciate greatness -- and great he was! 


This show was amazing for SO many reasons. First, it was the very first concert at Safeco Field (which is our baseball field). They spent days just setting up his massive stage. Second, Paul McCartney is truly incredible. He is just the best performer I've ever seen. He was seriously rockin' for all three hours of his show and never stopped. It was so cool to hear tens of thousands of people singing along to such great songs -- people from all generations. And third, he brought out the remaining members of Nirvana for the encore. They are a Seattle-based band and you should have heard the crowd when they walked on and started jamming. 



Hello, Sir Paul!


The sun went down and gave us a spectacular view of our beautiful city!

It was a night Luke and I will always remember, that's for sure. So, all in all, I'd say Luke and Cait's concert week was a wild success!


No comments:

Post a Comment