Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Great Outdoors

The weekend after the Fourth of July we packed up our backpacks and headed for the coast with our friends Chris and Katie (a.k.a. the Erleys). We were due for some camping, so we headed out of the city for a dose of the great outdoors.

We took the Kingston/Edmonds ferry over the water and drove across the peninsula where we packed everything into our backpacks and hiked down to the beach. We hiked up and down in the hills along the water for about 4.5 miles before we found a good campsite right on the beach. And this was our view...



Our humble abode




Roasting marshmallows after dinner with the company of the boy scouts who were camping next to us




Bonfire and frisbee oceanside... nice, huh?




Good morning, Luke!


This is the tree that we camped next to. People hang up the washed-up buoys on it.


On our hike in and out to the beach we had to climb up and down some pretty steep terrain. There were ropes to help on some of the steepest parts. Look at me, I'm scaling a cliff!


Love hiking with my husband!


And lucky for me, we were five minutes away from Forks, which is where the Twilight books/movies are based. I have to say, it was a little underwhelming. However, now I can say I've been there!

It ended up being a fabulous weekend in the great outdoors. Can't wait to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment